By Doc Wendell
Okay, so I’ve been a music journalist for a number of years now. It’s not news that if I wrote a piece on Beyonce’s “Lemonade”, I’d have tens of thousands of “hits” or “likes” on this site and on social media. But I’ve chosen to dedicate my time to the most disrespected and misunderstood art formed created in America; jazz. What can I say, I’m a die-hard jazz geek. I like supporting the underdogs too because I’ve learned that what’s most popular often lacks depth, substance and intellectual stimulation. With that being said, jazz posts are always an unpredictable hit or miss. I thought I’d explore some of the social media posts that are more popular than a jazz post. Since some arrogant, snide journalist will most likely respond with “Oh yeah, I get millions of “hits and “likes” on my jazz posts, Doc!”, I’ll reword that and say here’s a list of 15 things more popular than one of my jazz posts.
1) Pictures of boobs
2) Pictures of booty
3) A dishonest political post by the Donald Trump campaign
4) More pictures of boobs
5) A Dishonest political post by the Hillary Clinton campaign
6) More pictures of booty
7) A dishonest political post by the Bernie Sanders campaign (Yeah, I said it!)
8) A cute photo of your pet/pets
9) A photo of any type of food wrapped in ten miles of bacon
10) A condescending “What If I Told You?” meme with a picture of Laurence Fishburn in the Matrix spouting some overly paranoid conspiracy theories created by psychotics and stoners
11) A condescending “So let me get this straight” meme with a picture of Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory spouting some overly paranoid conspiracy theory created by psychotics and stoners.
12) Any post on weed, whether it be a picture of kush, how other drugs are more dangerous, or how many diseases it supposedly cures.
13) A post with pictures of weed, boobs, and booty all together (The American dream)
14) A condescending meme by baby boomers on how the rock/pop music of their generation was somehow “better” than that of any other.
15) A re-posting of a reality deprived, incoherent celebrity giving their two-cents on politics and other world issues while high on painkillers.